Thursday, July 28, 2011

Half-Way There!

This week I dreamed of our baby girl for the very first time.  I’m not sure if it was spending time with my little cousins over the past two weeks, or if it’s simply the fact that we’re half way through this pregnancy, but it was awesome.  I remember being surrounded by family and friends and looking down into sparkling baby blue eyes.  I woke up with the warmest feeling.

It’s hard to believe that I’m already 5 months – or 21 weeks – along. At last week’s appointment, the baby’s heartbeat was strong and steady, as were my vitals.  As we move forward – just growing the baby, as they put it – they’ll want to see me a little more frequently to make sure nothing's going on that I can't feel.  We got to meet the new midwife at my doctor’s office and we really liked her.  She’s positive, happy and excited to be a part of a pregnancy that’s pretty unique.  I love educating people, so I’m glad to have another person involved that’s eager to learn.

I continue to be amazed at how much more in love I am with Jacob as each day passes.  He’s such a good man and I can’t begin to imagine doing this without him.  With my growing belly, I’m finding moments where I’m less confident transferring into and out of my wheelchair or unable to reach something that I could manage before, and he’s always there to offer assistance – without  making me feel “unable.”  Plus, while my body’s changing and I’m experiencing random little side effects of being pregnant, he never stops making me feel beautiful.  I’ve got to be the luckiest girl in the world.

We’re having a blast preparing the baby’s room.  We’re still nailing down a theme – but knowing us, it will probably be something beachy.  It’s exciting just sitting in the room and dreaming of creative ways to make things as accessible as possible for me.  So many people are asking me questions that begin with “What are you going to do when…” or “How are you gonna…” and my answer is usually the same: We’re not sure, but we’re really excited to find out.

We’re loving every second of this and can’t wait for what’s to come.  I hope that my experience can inspire other women to do what some think is impossible.  Life is a miracle and the possibilities are endless with the right attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment